Friday, August 29, 2008

comex

went to comex with bong today, since my library items are due today and i'll have to make a trip to city hall anyway. 5 floors of IT galore - imagine the temptations of whipping out the plastic and cash to buy up all the uber cool gadgets i covet! withholding temptations is not something i am good at. i succumb to pretty colours, extra specs, nifty features, useless aesthetics... which explains why this is only my second time to comex, cos i know i will definitely walk out a pauper!

this is why bong was there with me, to STOP me if i stray my hands on other things. haha. this time round, i need an external HDD. backing-up on DVDs has always been my mantra, cos DVDs hardly ever die, unless you crack them of course. but as my lappie ages, i find it safer to have a quick back-up to a HDD first. oh, maybe i will get a new lappie next comex. haha.

got this sleek Western Digital (WD) 320GB at sgd169. and i'm doing the back-up now as i type. able to run softwares from it too (i think. the booth was too noisy i couldn't hear the sales guy.)

there are many pretty colours but the 320GB only has silver. UGH




i am sure they are so going to slash the price down on sunday last day. and i'm gonna read all about the wonderful bargains (better than mine) other people will grab. but the thought of the crowdiness is sucha huge turn off!




collected my TLR camera. something got jammed up inside and the shutter failed to work on wed. i sent it to steven and he went shaking his head. "aiyo you ah, spool went missing then now shutter spoiled." i feel so lousy man. he kept reminding me to take good care of the camera, "宝来的咧". i didn't even know how the shutter got knocked (according to him it suffered a knock so therefore it got jammed). most of the time i'd rather carry my own bag even if it's motherly heavy because i think i am more cautious than bong in preventing knocks. looks like i have to be even more careful now. steven did a great job anyway.

am going to bring the camera out soon to snap snap snap!! ;)

3 comments:

Nicholas Leong said...

holy nuts! vintage camera :) So lomo-ish.

And I need a portable HDD too. But I believe a I need a portable media viewer first. Time to go shopping :P

kacy said...

yea i love the camera! mm to catch up on movies while on the go? ;)

Nicholas Leong said...

Just to store my pics on the go so I don't need to lug the Macbook around :)